Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We are having a BABY!!

I know, I know, old news, right?  Yes, but...After yesterday's doctor appointment, the final realization has set in. 

Unless my precious little Jack decides to grace us with his presence earlier, his birthday will be May 16th!  Yep, in 5 days (or less) we will be parents.  We are all scheduled and ready to go.  We will be checking in to Saline Memorial at 5 am Monday.  Oh, I know I've been a bit back and forth about where we would deliver, but that is not my fault.  A doctor in the process of changing hospitals is a bit of a pain.  But, since we were able to schedule, we are going with my first choice.  Dr. Pinter assures me that I will be 100% satisfied with the care at Saline.  I bet she doesn't realize I've never been 100% satisfied with anything!  :)

Yesterday evening, as we sat at home after our appointment, PJ looks over at me and says, "Do you realize that this time next week we are going to be parents?!  That scares the crap out of me!"  Yes, dear, I realize we are going to be, no we already are, parents.  You just haven't got to hold him yet.

I don't know if I will have the chance to blog again between now and then.  And I know that it will be at least a few days after his birth before I do, unless it is just to post a picture from my phone.  So, I would like to take this opportunity to ask all of you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Pray for a safe, as short/easy as possible delivery, and most importantly, pray for a healthy baby boy to be who we meet!  Then, if you are feeling extra generous, pray for us as we come home.  Because I'm pretty sure that after one, maybe two nights in the hospital, they are going to send us home with this baby...ALONE!! 

Much thanks and love!

1 comment:

  1. I was very happy with Saline. Nurses seem to stay there a long time. And the food is good! (not Thelma)

    ReplyDelete