Monday, May 9, 2011

A Ticking Timebomb

Warning:  This woman has become, in several different ways, a ticking timebomb...

First, the obvious:  38 weeks pregnant, and could very easily go into labor at any moment.

Next, the not so obvious (at first glance):  Along with all the other wonderful joys of pregnancy, my hormones are once again raging out of control.  The degrees of spontaneously violent anger countered by the fact that I may burst into tears for no reason make being around me oh-so-pleasant.  And there is no logic behind the tearful moments.  Example:  No tears were shed during yesterday's church service where people were so emotionally expressing their gratitude for their mothers.  Really?  You would think someone about to pop with child would be bawling and squawling listening to this.  Nope, not me.  However, the fact that my wonderful hubby was not satisfied with our supper options last night sent me into an uncontrollable tear-fest.  I have no explanation.

But, you have been warned.  If you don't want to get your face ripped off (figuratively, not literally...maybe), experience an immediate and inexplicable cry, or witness the beginning of labor (and all the wonderful things that take place then), it would be my strong suggestion that you stay clear of me for the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment