Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A sad day

The past few days have been very difficult at our house. On Saturday evening, Jack, Bo, Pepper and myself were outside enjoying the beautiful day. At one point I looked up and Bo was gone. I assumed he was out in the field peeing on something and would return when he finished sniffing and peeing. The longer we stayed out, the more I began to be concerned. He was no where to be found. Sunday morning came, then Sunday evening. Still no signs of my Bo. PJ rode up and down the road looking to no avail.

Saturday and Sunday nights were hard. I didn't cry until Sunday night. The not knowing where he was or what happened was killing me.

Monday morning rolled around. I pulled myself together and went to work. Any time my brain was still for a moment, it wondered what happened to Bo. I finally finished my work day, did my grocery shopping and headed home. Upon my arrival at home, PJ told me to get in the "buggy" (Polaris Ranger) so we could go for a ride. He drove us over near the dog pen. The closer we got, I realized what was happening. There was a tiny, gravel covered, brick lined grave. My heart sank.

The neighbor found my sweet Bo under a bush in his flower bed. He had been hit by a car and that was as far as he could make it.

Words cannot describe how I feel about losing Bo. He was such a loyal little guy. PJ bought him for me the first Christmas after we were married - December 2005. I have always said that Bo was the first person who was truly happy to see me every time I came into a room. He taught me so many things. I believe that God gave him to be me teach me little leasons about parenting. For 5 years, Bo slept curled up in the bend of my knee every night. Lesson #1 - don't EVER let your kid start sleeping in the bed with you. That is a terrible habit! Lesson #2 - you will be amazed at the things you will clean up as a parent. Lesson #3 - watching your child (K-9 or human) be sick or in pain when there is nothing you can do is a horrible feeling. I'm sure there are many, many more things I learned while being Bo's mom.

What hurts my heart possibly the most is the lack of attention and love I have given Bo since Jack was born. Before giving birth, I got so mad at people who had dogs first, then had children, and began treating the dogs like crap. After Jack arrived, I knew exactly what all those people were going through. He didn't deserve the things that I said to him or felt, I just had such a hard time dealing with all the new stresses in my life. He loved me no matter what. And, more importantly, he loved my Jack. They played so well together. The last thing I did was yell at Bo. I don't know that I'll ever get over that.


Rest in Peace My Friend
Bo Duke Mooney - October 20, 2005 - May 5, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment