Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brain Damage

We are now completely mobile.  YIKES!!

As little poot becomes more and more active, I have one major concern that continues to pop into my mind...How in the world is this kid going to reach adulthood without brain damage?!  Here are a couple of examples for my worry:

1.  Sunday morning, poot is crawling all over the living room chatting it up with all the toys in the floor.  He makes his way over to the recliner and, all too independently, stands up.  This is still pretty new to him and he hasn't figured it all out just yet.  So what is his next logical step?  Let go, of course!  Before I can move from my seated position, I see and hear, SMACK!  Yes, that would be the sound of an 8 month old boy's head slamming into the concrete floor...obviously, kids were not in our minds when we built this house 4 years ago.  But, after the immediate screaming ended, we went on about our merry way.

2.  Sunday afternoon (ah Sunday why are you so mean to me?).  Mobile poot is on the move again.  Since men and women's brains were apparently created with completely different parts, the hubs, once again, left the fireplace screen standing on the floor instead of putting it back in front of the fire.  Logical, right?  Well, it made an interesting new toy for poot for a few minutes.  The fingernail running up and down the tiny metal loops was quite fun.  Until he knocked the dang thing over on top of him!! 

We seemed to make it through the head bashings for Sunday with no obvious injuries.  I'm wondering how long I can continue to say that?  If the hubs keeps up his, well, man brain, I don't know that it will be much longer. 

As if you needed me to provide further confirmation of the less-than-complete-thinking man brain, my final Sunday story...how many times are we going to leave containers of liquid in the floor for poot to knock over before we finally learn?  This time, instead of Dr. Pepper, the spillage was Miller Lite!  Don't even get me started on how angry I was at having to wash my baby and change his pajamas because he smelled like beer!

Can't wait to see what next Sunday holds...

1 comment:

  1. Found you on "People I want to Punch in the Throat." Sounds like you have your hands full. We have a son and daughter and the boys are tough. They just get bigger and stronger too. But they are sure fun!
    www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete