Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"There's no use crying over spilled perfume..."

...but what about breast milk?!

I remember a country song with the words "There's no use crying over spilled perfume" - Pam Tillis maybe?  I don't know for sure who sings it.  Anyway, this song kept playing over and over in my head one day not too long after Jack was born. 

We began Jack's life with breast milk.  First nursing, then soon after we got home, I went to straight pumping.  The day this song started playing in my head - I'll never forget it:  I had finished pumping and sat the bottle down on the floor.  The pump attachment was still on instead of an actual lid.  Somehow, I'm not certain exactly, the bottle was knocked over and some milk spilled out onto the floor.  Bo, being his usual self, ran right over to see what had spilled.  (He thinks that everything on the floor is put there for him to eat/drink)  He sniffed and sniffed the spilled milk, then turned around and walked away!!  AGH!! WHAT AM I FEEDING MY BABY?!?!  The freak dog who eats everything but lettuce just walked away without lapping up that milk!!!

There's no use crying over spilled perfume.  However, spilled breast milk your dog won't drink - I think that deserves a cry!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment