Monday, April 4, 2011

Showers of Blessings

I am still completely overwhelmed by the baby shower thrown by our church, Sweet Home MBC, in Jack's honor yesterday.  Actually, I don't even think overwhelmed completely tells the story.  The only time I have seen more baby stuff in one place was at Babies R' Us.  And that almost caused a nervous breakdown.  Luckily, this time, I wasn't having to make decisions about what I thought was best for my baby boy.  Other people, most of whom know much more about babies than I, made those decisions for me!  I am pretty sure the weight of my little SUV doubled by the time everything was loaded into it at the end of the shower.  And I still had to call PJ to come get a couple of things!  WOW!  Now I get the fun of going through things, one at a time, really getting to look at them, and try to figure out where exactly I am going to put them!  All I can say for sure is, Sweet Home people love babies.  And they love showering them with gifts!  And we will never be able to thank them enough for everything. 

Here is a picture of the adorable book that was made by one of the hostesses for my gifts to be recorded in.  There was a matching one for the guests to sign.  As you can probably guess, they went with a race car theme.  It was precious!

I will try to upload more photos tomorrow.  I don't have access to my cord that connects my camera to the computer.  Maybe I'll remember it...maybe...

In the meantime, all I can find the words to say is THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to put the shower together, and to everyone who came, and brought/sent a gift.  You are all appreciated more than you know!

2 comments:

  1. It was a great shower! Loved that race theme. Did you get a picture of the flags out front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really Thelma! Wish I knew how to change that! Auntie E

    ReplyDelete