Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Retail Therapy"?

I did a little shopping yesterday after work. I must say, I totally don't understand the whole "retail therapy" idea. There is absolutely nothing about shopping that is therapeutic to me! If anything, it causes me a greater need to seek out counselling than I previously had!

For starters, I hate spending money! I cannot explain to you the struggles that I battle in my mind while shopping. Even if I have plenty of money, I almost always am able to talk myself out of buying something, especially if it is for myself. If I can't convince myself that I 100% need that item, it will return to the rack before I leave the store.

Next, I never seem to be able to find what I set out in search of. Last night, one of my goals was to find a plain, button up maternity shirt for some pictures. Simple task, right? Well, no. Apparently they don't sell those in springtime.

There were a couple of victories in last night's journey. I was able to find not one but two newborn outfits that I like for Jack's hospital picture. Now I just have to decide which one! I also found a pair of Capri pants that come close enough to fitting. Found a baby book that I mostly like, and a couple more necessities that I will be using a lot very soon.

Let me just add now how difficult it is to blog from an iPhone. I hope I can borrow my work laptop while I'm on maternity leave. Otherwise, this will become very annoying very quickly.

According to the count down on my phone, we have 4 weeks and 2 days until the due date. I won't be at all offended if he makes his appearance before then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment